We recently purchased four devices made from EVA foam for evaluation on our end. Our first impressions:
- The device responds remarkably well to head movement., which is a large part of the immersive experience
- If you're looking to enjoy the full experience privately, it can be tricky to attach headphones and still fit the phone inside the headset
- Since the interface is limited to a single button on the side of the headset, interaction is often passive, and limited to head movement and single clicks.
- There's roughly a 50/50 chance the device may give you motion sickness
Let us know if you're interested in giving one a try!
- 11 Best Google Cardboard Apps - TechAdvisor
- The Neuroscience of Why VR Still Sucks
- Quite Possibly the First Virtual Reality Marriage Proposal